Saturday, August 29, 2009

the guy at that party i kinda know

even when you're quiet
you're intense
how is it like when
a girl like you dreams?

the comment strikes me
as a pick up line a
string of cheese an attempt
at intimacy unearned

my tongue presses against
the roof of my mouth which tastes
like raspberried champagne
stars caught in my teeth

he's just another one
who mis-sees, who mistakes
who masturbates to the zelda-ic
who paints himself deep, important
and able to decipher my mystery

I hate myself
for smiling coyly
and walking away
words fail me
and I have forgotten
how it is
I would like to
sculpt myself

Lost track of my lies
I find myself truthful
present and authentic
too tired to manipulate

I am just living
and no prick staring at my tits
has the right to call me
intense and pry my poetics
as he sips free beer
and threatens my
unsolicited and natural
chill

No comments: