Saturday, December 6, 2008

Love Many, Trust Few, Paddle Your Own Canoe.

People don't change.

It's the people that exhibit selfish and irresponsible behaviors early when you meet them that -surprise!- end up being selfish and irresponsible.

It's the people that you give 1,000 second chances to that end up disappointing you on 1,001.

I don't want to be hardened, I don't want to be frozen, I don't want to silence the voice in my heart that says this time might be different.

I have changed and grown and deepened over the years. I have seen amazing changes in my own life. I guess that leaves me with an undying optimism about people and about life that is hard to dampen even when I'm drowning.

Lessons are being learned and the fabric of my life and memories and beliefs are being woven. Just sometimes I wish I could learn to pick out the loose threads, to flick of the frayed ends that inevitably become caught up in between the lines.

My insides are juicy and alive and fresh and fruitfully tart and sweet.

Perhaps this is the main conflict of my life, the theme of my story. The never ending battle between the hopeful and the hopeless.

I hope I win.

No comments: