Not a whole lot going on today. I was all hung over from having drinks with Meghan last night. And what a night it was. Let's see. There was the Croatian soldier talking about how he thinks his grandfather was some sort of werewolf. A pothead bike messenger sharing a theory on how "these people" believe that people on earth are the crazy rejects from other alien's planets. Then the creme de la creme -- a drunken/stoned/insane middle aged man on crutches standing on the corner of Manhattan and Grand beating a drainage pipe on a bodega with his crutch screaming. It was like 3 am and this guy was relentless. Some poor guys were yelling down to him to stop it and the bodega owner and the sandwich guy were all like "hey, move along!" Meghan piped up and told him to cut it out and he started banging on a mailbox screaming "well then let's go then! C'mon.... C'mon!!!" It was bizarre.
Anyway, for all of you who were on the fence about my book release party Saturday night, I'd really appreciate if you could make an extra effort to come out because I have a reporter from a newspaper coming and I'm having nightmares of him coming and it's just me with a pile of books sorta shrugging like "I don't know where everyone went!"
So yeah do that if you could. And books will be 30% off. And I'll show my tits or something. Gotta become a famous (or infamous) writer somehow.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment