Hey everyone!
It's a sunny fall afternoon and I'm resting on my bed looking out at the gorgeous red and yellow leaves outside my window. I made the mistake of moving a tad bit too fast and my head felt funny so yeah, I guess the margaritas haven't worn off yet. :)
I'm trying to stick by a new policy I have to not be so passive agressively bitchyy in my blogs but I failed again this morning. So yeah, sorry about that. Old habits died hard. I just get pretty pissed off when I'm ignored. Pretty universal but not everyone lashes out on their blog so yeah, I apologize. I've recently seen how high schoolish that sorta thing is and I'll work harder to not do that.
ANYWAY!
A week from today is our reading/performance at Stain that should be really great. I'm super excited about our line up and everyone has such great friends so the audience should be fantastic. After that it's upstate for that part of my "tour" hehe. I've got some pretty sweet events lined up including a lecture, a book signing at my college, and an evening of readings with SLAP (St. Lawrence Area Poets.) There's some fun news that should be coming out of that reading soon including a possible radio interview and some .mp3 clips circulating but I'll tell you more once I'm back in the city and have had a chance to talk with folks. It's all totally up in the air.
Then once I get back it's the Black Rabbit Open, some other random open mics I'm going to stop in and read at (I'll let you guys know the dates soon, I'm deciding where I wanna go but I think I will be popping into to the open that my friend Joe frequents (Hey Joe!) and also the Cornelia. Then it's the Bowery! And at the Bowery I might be getting reviewed by someone from Flavor Pill (again, up in the air!)
So yeah things are lining up well. I'm going to be at a ginormous indie book fair in NYC in December and I'm hosting an evening of dirty, tawdry, and baudy songs and readings at Otto's right before Christmas. So yeah, lots of fun stuff coming up including...
this really great event I'm working with a certain promotion company to put together in Manhattan! A new development today so I'm psyched. That should be happening in the next two months.
I also am setting up dates right now to spend some time in Boston in January and *fingers crossed* I'm hoping to head to Austin in the spring for their Indie Book Expo.
Woooo hooooooo
Much love!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment