well, it started well
I lingered over ovens and stoves
he brought me chocolates and rose
I'm nearing thirty now, love's lost its surprise
It's all the same, hold my hand, look in my eyes
and eventually the friendship fades to lies
he changed his mind
he doesn't want to be mine
although I've been nothing but kind
he has gone, left me behind
I fall back to patterns, it's hazy
I tried to warn him I was crazy
that I am alarmingly lazy
I guess he thought he could tame me
said oh so naively, that doesn't phase me
I've mourned the loss of butterflies and bees
I joined the other song birds up in the trees
I fall as graciously as a catholic to my knees
I've read your rule books, your methods to be
I've even been so brave as to be blatantly be me
To hell with this pedestal, this cult of he
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment