Thinking about adding
some old boyfriends
on facebook
I'm curious if they're fatter
smarter or balder than they were before
I wonder if they care to see
if I am fatter, saner, or pretty than before
Do they ever enter my name into search engines
just to see what comes up?
Do they ever wonder what happened to me
on slow and rainy Sunday afternoons?
Every psychic I have ever been to
said I would fall in love with and marry a friend
That someone in my life would come back
That my future husband would catch a glance of me
standing in a pool of sunlight
and realize his past mistakes
Then we'd live happily ever after
As much as I want men to follow me
to search for strands of my hair in the grass
I can't help but not trust in fate
and leave a trail of breadcrumbs
wherever I go, just in case
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment