I was drunk on
Pineapple, apricot, and champagne
Floating in the Atlantic
Holding my nose
Like a little girl
The sun was setting slowly
As vacation suns are paid to do
I looked back at the shore
And the light hit the waves
Casting the sand silver in its wake
Then within a breath of the earth
It returned to beach to light summer tan
My tears are not as salty as the ocean
They do not sting as much
Nor leave my eyes as red
So I have found
It is a good place to cry
Like bleeding in water
It is unfelt, it tendrils in the froth
Wisked away before seen
Sorer to be sure, but safer to the un-promised
I am alone in the salt, the surf
A young couple bounce and giggle
Twenty feet away
I pretend they and their love do not exist
And they ignore my solitude and stench
Of hearts broken
Dreams shaken, identity stolen
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment