Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mr yorke and I
Walk on the shore

I ask him how he can find
Such beauty in such sadness

I've been living
The bends
On and off
My entire life

I say

Young women first go insane
Around the age young men
Find themselves wanting to save them

Problem is
Crazy is only fun in short bursts
And sex can only go so far

The men move on
And the women stay mad

Move on to younger men
Paint their baggage in different light

Sad is sad is sad
And if you keep crying --

Wolf

The firemen stop coming
With their ladders and
Trampolines

They change
Before your eyes
To white coats
And needles

And I cannot live in theory
In art, in poetry
Even if I am more in touch

Even if I am an alien
Amongst you walking pods

I have bills to pay
There are concessions you make
If you don't leap off the fifteenth floor
And as always
Before love, before passion
Comes the rent.

No comments: