I remember when I was at my lowest
I took the hand of my lover
and asked him to let me kill myself.
A broken heart earns no euthanasia
He said and held my hand, held me to life
As I waited to go
I quoted Fonda, I said
"they shoot horses don't they?"
reference lost to him, he hid
the knives and the pills
the cleaning supplies the
ropes the razors the means of escape
and I lay prisoner in his home
Hank sings he's so lonesome he could cry
but what about so lonesome I could die?
Isn't suffering just suffering
no matter lesion or lack of love?
But I'll go to bed instead of a grave
I never was any good at being cold
I wouldn't say I'm hanging on because of hope
Just because I was told
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment