(notes)
I don't walk the streets
When it pours
I don't want the streets
when it shines
and these three weeks of rain
are going to be the death of me
"Stormy weather" in the dark
Etta's gray cloud, a rocking chair, an ark
on the BQE, Queens-bound
We'll all float off into Long Island Sound
drinks in hand
paper umbrellas in our wet hair
I am vertical and expecting
Eye to the sky
for any hint of blue
"Can't have any rainbows without rain"
the Nextel commercial chirps
Don't touch the drops, they may burn
Puddles form to be destroyed by tires
And I'm tired of the constant splashing swoosh
The damp that settles on skin like spider webs
Never quite wet, never quite seen or felt
No, you can't have any rainbows
without any rain
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment