Whisps
Too damn many loose whisps
of black hair no gel
nor best intention
can contain
And I am stir stir stir crazy
I blare songs with screams
Run from room to room
Then stop
Swing an invisible cane
waddle, saunter, skip
drop to my knees
exhale hard and flat
I extend, arms out far and wide
Across the dollar store tile i slide
I wrestle, I rip out your threads
I say aloud to myself
"I don't need to make sense
I don't need to be clear"
But I want to call you and
explain to you about whisps
and exhaled but silent screams
I want to say
I dare to say
that I don't edit
I don't revise
that words are my toys
and I can juggle for days
This house is empty
three cats
two fish
five plants
and a crazy woman
lying on the floor
working it out
for them all
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment