Day three - bad mood
I woke up cold and dirty
no heat or hot water again
crusty-eyed and bitter
blanket cocoon
I shuffle from bed to couch
so pissed off i'm pissed off
again
I can't shake this headache
and this feeling that I'm jinxed
I bury my face into the cushions
and try to will myself happy
everything seems like it's on my "to do"
clean clothes, dirty clothes
dishes, clutter, litter, clusters
i bury my head deeper
wish it was snowing, wish it was raining
something outside to match my inside
i bury my head deeper
ostrich-it deep inside comforter
deep inside my mood
it's so easy to simmer and sulk
so easy to point fingers
and not to walk
around 2 pm it'll change
around 2 pm the light will shift
around 2 pm it'll itch
and around 2 pm I'll breathe again
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment