finally, it's raining.
i was walking from room to room
when i heard the swoosh of
tires in puddles out on the street
I stop, turn, and to the window
the breeze licks the pink curtains
and presses them against my bare legs
i like it when it's cool but warm
rainy but misty
and the city slows
it's dark
headlights smear on the gated storefronts
and i settle to the floor
gracie's in heat again
on the other side of the apartment she howls
i lean against the cold radiator
focus on breath, on rain, on traffic
a horn sounds
I jump, hand to chest
I wish you were here
I wish you were awake
because it's the time of night when
I have so much to say
and no ears in which to whisper
close my eyes
drizzle from the screen on my knee
smoke monster truck screams outside
and although i have my own ammunition
my own self, my own ways to hide and fight
I wish you here again, like I do every night
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment