Monday, February 2, 2009

off

I wake up with yesterday in my mouth
and thus begins the list of failures and faults
I should've brushed my teeth instead
of falling asleep on the couch watching cartoons
I should learn to hide my phone from myself
No more insecure dialing on a Sunday night
And while I'm at it I should simply grow up
and stop being the kind of girl that I am

Not sure why I hate myself today
Perhaps nothing a shower and slap can't help
my orientation is misaligned with your magnetic north
I hate moments when I am today and yesterday
at once and I see only this in my tea leaves
I am at the bottom of an endless, dry well
I look up and there is just one way to go
only because this is where I put myself
once again, once again
but yet I blame it on a vertigo, a push
not a careless and practiced fall
not my unsteady footing, my propensity
to give in to gravity when challenged

No comments: