Friday, March 27, 2009

Me

I've re-written the day
I've taken my poor reaction
To your poor behavior
And made me the culprit
And you the pedestaled savior.

I called you and apologized
Over and over, email, calls, texts
but you never even acknowledged
no, you never even acknowledged me
No acceptance, no rejection
Just silence

It feels as if it brings you pleasure
at least some comfort or solace
to pretend I don't exist
and that I never mattered

Since then I sent countless smiles
Electronic hugs and kisses
Since then I've only waited
To make love to you once again

Long stem pink roses at my doorstep
in Brooklyn
someone missed me, someone couldn't wait
to see me again
and someone had signed the card
simply, "me"

I'd always dreamed of a secret admirer
sending me flowers and quiet love
but no longer did I care who "me" was
when you said that it wasn't you.

No comments: