Friday, March 20, 2009

things I've never learned

Things I've Never Learned

If you are exhausted, you sleep.
If it hurts, don't do it.
If you are hungry, you eat.
If you are not hungry, you do not eat.
(I consider the waste and silliness
of over-filling gas tanks until
a biohazard is created)

If you are driving yourself crazy, stop.
If you are making things worse, stop.
If you are running in circles, stop.
If you are on fire, stop, drop, and roll.

If you love, you let free.
If you want, you give.
If you are tight and stiff, you relax and release.
If you are doing wrong, find better.

If you can't breathe, breathe.
If you are on the wrong path, turn around.
(Insanity is indeed doing the same thing over and over
expecting different results.)
If you cannot see, it is time to open your eyes.
If you cannot hear, it is when you listen.

When you lose yourself, it is time to search.
When you don't know, it is time to find out.
When you are screaming, find the silence.
When you can't, you must so you can.

I slip into auto pilot sometimes
I do not think, I do not feel
It is primitive, reptilian
Instinct and adrenaline
One track mind, running on fear
With no sense to know to stand still

The first key to dreaming
is to allow yourself
to fall asleep

No comments: