Saturday, April 4, 2009

2 am

Adderall powder
Blue, crushed, Sephora compact
Rolled rejection slip
Empty apartment
I consider finding some shoes
Perchancing myself to the bar
And seeing who wants to hear my theories
I have such grand things to say
but it's that lonely 2 am hour

I want to discourse quantum physics
I want to lick the corners of the night
I simply can't go to sleep yet
With so much chemical and so much
Brilliance bitter and biting at my tongue

It's now that I wish someone would answer
and we could sprawl on my sofa
grade school slumber party style
get drunk off Canadian Dry
and I wouldn't have to feel so alone

My veins are full of shuttles
The subway of my body
Everyone is off somewhere
But no one is coming to see me

I'm a nice girl, I slur into voicemail messages
I am polite and pretty and bubbly
Bubbles, irridescent, rising
my college graduation I sat on the lawn
blowing bubbles
bubbles
catching the sun
Watching, drifting, disappearing....
bag of soapy bottles at my feet
leftover from a wedding I never had

Oh Strange Little Girl
It's 2 am
You're high on the drugs
of your brief punk rock flirtation
You realize it's been weeks since
anyone held you, hugged you tight
it's been weeks since you
were the exception and not the rule

Tori sings, Tori sings
oh where are you going?
Where are you going?
Where are you going?

I settle my head on my keyboard
no ears to be seen, no eyes to be heard
I can't help but say
I don't know
I don't know
I just don't know

No comments: