I wonder if it was you that left this circle on my sofa
I don't blame you, we were pickled in tequila
Stretched out, legs for days, all a daze
Led Zeppelin had nothing on you
And I was amored with your dark curls
You have a tendency to spill
Red dixies perched on coffee tables
Your arms encircled me from across the room
oh no no no no no you are not the man
that i should be writing poetry about
you are not the man I should be falling into
You could take me or leave me
You can drag me all over this apartment
by the hair of my head
by the hook in my bottom lip
and when it's all over
you are remembered in short bursts
and no, you never stay
so tonight as you tried you hardest
to blow my house down and crumble my home of sticks
I could only trace this circle on my sofa
and wonder what other scars you'd leave
if allowed
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I liked this one, very evocative and familiar.
Post a Comment