Tuesday, April 28, 2009

...(draft)....

I have nothing to do but sweat
and avoid putting away my laundry
It is eighty-eight degrees in N.Y.C.
and this city doesn't want much else to do with me

I am an inner-chambers kind of girl
You've all heard it before, spilled and spanked
It is something I have grown accustomed to
And without the presence of elegant stair
I have abandoned my furs and jewels

Sunset Boulevard stained my brain
Back in two thousand oh two
And when told I was a borderline
A flash to Fatal Attraction
and in perfect Janice fashion
I blushed, realizing I had boiled bunnies, too

So what am I to do
The beast, the magic, the essense of this heart
is that it beats, it maneuvers in erratic-ocity
But the problem is
That I think I'm wonderful
and oh so peachy and lovely to taste

Yes you made yourself plain
Yes you made yourself a savior of rain
And again
And again

I chase you this way
I chase you that
and yet, and yet
I've yet to meet someone
who loves me as much as my cat

I roll up in the corner and I sleep
I am through with me, too, big city
your bright lights blind in their
oh so unkind
oh so sublime
shatterd broken crumbled absbestos sighs

No comments: