it is all yellow-green lighting
that blinks and sparks
mimicking heels, the tip tap tip tap
a seizure waiting to happen
illuminating 50's pencil skirts
and hips when women had hips
Blips and slips, I balance precariously
in heels that blister and pop
I raise my chin, I channel
Katherine and His Girl Friday
Only this fella
has more recently seen another film
prior to searching for a Secretary.
I follow the cheap
pantsuit to his office
I am wearing the one white blouse
button down I own
I hold my lungs, every breath
threatens indecency
expansive breasts swollen
on they're monthly schedule
the trenton-bound 5:45 pm
pressing against fabric
suburban lusts and crust
on the faux leather seats
please, miss, have a seat.
it is a tracking shot,
the camera follows
almost up my dress
but it's not me it's
some bondage model
a Veronica Lake- wannabe
puke green filing cabinets
twisting, labyrinthine corridor
I suspect nothing.
film noir, no accordion in sight
tarrantino funny, then splatter
something's the matter
he fingers my resume, eyes my lips
I get the feeling this man
the man behind the desk yellow pit stains
dollar store tie and paper clip to
his pucker, contorted lip
I get the feeling this man
wants me not as an assistant
but as a lady, a tramp, then
tossed out, broken lamp
begging for food stamps
lapping up the gutter-spill
he wants me akimbo, a bimbo
but he asks about dic-
tation speeds and typing tests
later on the way back to bensonhurst
the train teeters on the yellow line
I realize that the advertisement
was all a ploy for a perverted man
who owned too many filing cabinets
and not enough honestly-bared breasts
two days later he calls
the job has been filled
but would I ever consider
letting him place a camera
under the rim of my toilet seat
or perhaps leave one on
while getting undressed before bed?
I am twenty-three
Lips painted Betty Page red
Reclining on rented bed
Russian on the street, winter falling
Outside it is a blizzard
the train can't move in the sky
It is Siberia, it is Chernobyl
I burn my degree, I vomit my pedigree
I tongue my blood line
Consider my options
And tell him maybe next year
If all else fails
I'll let this rich man
watch me shit.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment