Saturday, October 18, 2008

Amendment

The other day I was irritated because of a bunch of my friends hadn't bought my book yet. One person in particular didn't seem to grasp why it was an issue. This person thought that I was mad because my friends weren't giving me "twelve dollars." No, that's not it at all.

You see, on Amazon the more books you sell the more Amazon requests of you to sell. The more books they order, your number drops (from like 1,000,000th best selling book to like 999,999. As that happens and as you get reviews (which I keep begging for pathetically and desperately haha), the more Amazon recommends your book to OTHER customers. So essentially it's on the backs of people I know and love that I begin to build a fanbase and a foundation of readers. So its' less about the "twelve dollars" and more about helping me get the numbers I need to get recommended to NEW readers who don't know me.

Just wanted to clear that up.

No comments: