Friday, October 3, 2008

Mistakes I've Made

I keep kicking myself in the ass for 'em but maybe if I admit them aloud people can absolve me by telling me I'm not a complete idiot? ha Please?

Ok.

I blew my money I made on Without A Trace. I hadn't worked in two months and I was desperate to pay off bills and get things I needed. Apparently that included a lot of expensive meals and nights drinking and clothes. Damnit. I thought I was getting this gig right after and then it fell through and I hadn't saved a damn thing. Lesson learned.

I spent WAY too much money on my niece and nephew coming to visit. Sorry, Cort and Log but so true! Yikes. Next time you're paying for your own freak show tickets, free loaders :)

I didn't take my time prepping my book. And because of that there are some typos in the book I can't erase. Also, I was in such a hurry to get it done that I didn't put any thought into the actual compilation and ruined a perfectly good chance to tell a story with my works. The book would've been stronger and it wouldn't feel so scattered. Fuck.

Also, I threw the whole thing together so fast that I found two small mistakes on the cover (easily fixed, no one would know unless I pointed it out) and messed up the barcode. A costly mistake. And now I'm having issues with Amazon because of it. So that's a work and fight in progress.

I should've waited until Amazon had their books and the website was completely finished to begin advertising. I was just so excited!

Mmm. I'm sure there's others. But those are the ones that are really getting under my skin right now. All due to impulsivity, really. Pattern, much?

No comments: