Friday, October 10, 2008

Catching Up

Hey everyone!

I've been really freaking busy lately. I now have five dates lined up for readings/performances/signings with three more tentative dates I'm hoping to firm up today. It's a bit of a whirlwind. Every date means promotion, promotion, promotion. Designing posters, advertising. When you need to do that times five it's a bit much. I spent all day yesterday sending out press releases to all the media in upstate and the city. So hopefully soon you'll be seeing so much of my face you'll be screaming NO NOT HER! HAVE MERCY!

I interviewed for Rachael Ray but haven't heard back yet. I need a job but at the same time I'm having such a good time working on the book that it's like eh, as long as book sales pick up enough in the next month I can go a bit longer workingin my panties in my living room.

A week from this Saturday is my book release party. It is going to be super fun! I'll be signing copies at the party and spending the night just enjoying myself and celebrating the fruit of my endeavors. Or something like that. Mostly getting drunk and explaining what things are about probably.

So today I need to get up and get dressed and head out handing out post cards about the party. Posters should be finalized next week. Next week is about following up on press and sending out review copies. Following up on requests to read. I also need to go to a few open mic's just to get some practice. Anyone wanna come with me?

Otherwise I'm drowning in a pile of emails I haven't had a chance to respond to!

If anyone is interested in writing a review for me, I'd love to send you a review copy for free. Of if you already bought it (thanks, I'm poor! haha) I'd love if you could take a few minutes to write a review for me on Amazon. It really does make a difference.

Talk to you soon and hope to see you guys soon at my events!

Janice

No comments: